Ready to Trap?
Once you have followed the steps in our where to begin section, and have determined that the cat is indeed in need of TNR, you are indeed, Ready to Trap.
1. The first thing you will need to do is make a surgery appointment. We suggest the following low cost spay/neuter facilities:
Flagler Cats: 386-503-4250
Flagler Humane Society: 386-445-1814
Redinger Clinic Daytona: 386-3104935
2. Once your appointment has been made you will need a trap. Call 386-264-2684 to reserve one and an address will be provided where you can pick it up.
3. We will demonstrate how to use the traps when they are picked up. If you are having difficulty catching the cats, a TNR coordinator can come out to your location assess and advise you.
4. Never leave the traps unattended. Once a cat gets into a trap, cover with a towel and move the trap to a garage or other enclosed space. Be mindful of temperatures in the holding area. Place a stack of newspaper under the trap.
5. Unless you are disabled, you are expected to participate in trapping, transport and to pay the modest TNR surgery fees. If you have severe economic hardship, or are trapping in a large or public colony, we may be able to help with fees.